Saturday, November 16, 2013

Advocare 24 Cleanse - Day 1

About 4 to 5 months ago, I started to see some of my friends on Facebook talking about Advocare. My mom and I were a little curious about it. Our friend Devin, who was a distributor, had kinda of told us a little about it. Well that was right around my brothers wedding. Then in late September mom and I were really frustrated with our weight and trying to get healthy but having some issues with trying to stay on track with things. We had Devin over who really went over the Advocare program with us. It really just spoke to us. After we got our order in, I would always wait till a Monday to start it so it would be easy to figure things out for me. Yet, I never would do it. I think in the back of my mind I was a little scared that this was not going work for me and also that this was going to be hard work as well. I thought it was going to be hard because of having to find things that I could have on this program and still enjoy eating food. I didn't want to be eating right and there is hardly anything I would like. When I do those type of diets or weight loss programs, I will usually do good for a couple days and then just quit.

What finally got me to start to this program after a month of getting our order was that clothes were starting to get really tight and my nice winter coat was super tight. I weighed myself that night and I was the heaviest I have ever been!!! So enough was a enough! I started the cleanse today and it has been hard for me. For one I am not a breakfast person and I hate having to get up early to make sure to get it in. I am not a morning person and I love my sleep. That's why the weekends are my favorite time of the week. The start of the cleanse about 30 minutes I drink a Spark and have a catalyst pill. I am loving the Spark. I only have two flavors right now Fruit Punch and Mandarin Orange. Fruit Punch is the better of the two I would have to say. For breakfast they say you are supposed to have a protein, a fruit and complex carb (if needed). Also, you have a fiber drink with your breakfast. The fiber drink instead too bad. For the recommendations of other people, if you don't drink it right away it gets really thick and gross. Also it helps if you mix it with a little bit of orange juice. I did end up mixing it with the orange juice and it does help to get it down. The fiber drink is not so bad, a little gritty but not horrible. You later have a mid-morning snack and then before you lunch you have the Spark drink and the catalyst again. For lunch, you have protein, vegetables and a complex carb (if needed). Again a snack before dinner and dinner is the same as lunch but then you take the Omegaplex. You get another snack before bedtime. With bedtime, I have to take Herbalcleanse pills. Through all of this, you have to make sure that you constantly drink water.


So far today I have had issues with: 1) NO SODA!! I am big Dr. Pepper fan, when you were born in Texas and lived there for awhile you easily become a Dr. Pepper fan. I normally have a couple throughout the day. With have no soda, gave me a pretty big headache.
2) I had a little trouble finding things that I can eat on the challenge. Some things have been easy, like for breakfast, but lunch and some of the snacks are little harder.
3) With all the stuff I have taken today, I have been gassy!! And it has been horrible, I feel like I am going to kill out my household. From other people I have read this is a little normal so hopefully the next couple of days won't be as bad.
Other than that, it has not been so bad. I have taken some pictures of how I look started but I am not going to post anything till the end of this challenge. I will also put where I started and how I ended it. So wish me luck on my challenge and hopefully you will follow my journey. Here is the link to the information to the Advocare Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment