Monday, August 12, 2013

My new life

If you are a reader on my other blog, a lot has happened since my last post on there. If you are a new reader, then welcome to my life. A little background, in 2009 I was divorced and moved down to Waco, TX for awhile to heal. I moved back to the Bellevegas area in August 2010. Shortly after, I got introduced to my now husband through some friends of ours. My friend Teri had sent me a text asking if I was dating anyone. I told her that I wasn't and was told to check out my husbands Facebook page and tell her what she thought. The picture that he had up had my interest sparked so I told her that I thought he was cute. I got to meet him on December 10, 2010 at Teri's house. Hubby was going to a concert with them and I was babysitting Teri's girls. We had our first date on December 12, 2010 (which was a double date with Teri and her boyfriend). Our first date was 9 hours long but the best date I have had in a long time. Most of our date was sitting in the car talking about all the stuff in common. It was funny to find out we had some people we knew in common, we bowled on the same night. We ended up getting engaged May 2011. It was such a sweet and amazing proposal. We had gone out to dinner before going to see the band that we would always go see. The band, Avery Hill Band, was performing out in Keysport. The band has a set list and after going to see them a lot we pretty much knew their list. Our song, which is by Journey, was usually in the first set and one of the first slow songs they would play. When it hadn't come up yet I was wondering what was going on. I look up and there was Jason with the mic telling me how much he loved me and that couldn't imagine his future without me. Then got down to one knee and proposed. Then the band played our song to finish things out. It was so special and I am glad he did it that way. I couldn't imagine him doing it any other. We got married on our 1 year anniversary of December 12, 2011. For us it just made sense to get married on the day we met.
It has been a great almost 3 years together. We took a wonderful honeymoon/family vacation to Disney World in September 2012. I have a post coming up for our honeymoon. We have had many fun times together including stock car races, racing banquets, vacations, family outings, and so much more. He is honestly my soul mate and I can't imagine my life with out. He is everything I was looking for in a man. He is close with his family, likes a lot of the same things I do, Christian, funny, caring, sweet, and just treats me like a princess even when sometimes I don't deserve it. With him, I inherited a fur baby named Rosie. She is a cocker spaniel and the cutest little thing. She also a spoiled little one girl too but a lot of that came from having her with me. So that is a little bit of my new life in a nutshell. I putting some pictures up of us and the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment